Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins or chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips or M&M's
- In a large metal bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, bring the oil and honey just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; pour over coconut mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes, stirring several times. Pour onto waxed paper to cool. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or M&M's. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 106 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 27, 2013
I've not yet made this recipe, but it makes me yearn for fall days, especially as the kids start back to school! I think I would change up the plums, apricots and raisins for dried cherries, which would give it a nice color. Dried cranberries or blueberries would work well, too! You could add dried pepitas and sunflower seeds in place of the sesame seeds. I would use dark chocolate chips to contrast the dried cherries. This is a great recipe!