Good Mornings Granola
I've made this granola since my kids were little. Now they take it with them to college and share it with friends. My daughter (who is majoring in nutrition!) says it's good on a whole wheat peanut butter sandwich because it adds a healthy crunch to a quick lunch. —Janet Ellsworth, Lexington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes18 servings (9 cups granola mix)
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup sesame, chia or flax seeds
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts and seeds. In a small saucepan, whisk remaining ingredients; heat through over medium heat (do not boil). Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, stirring and rotating pans halfway, until dark golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in glass jars or other airtight containers up to 3 months.
Test Kitchen tips: