On-The-Go Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups reduced-fat granola with raisins
- 1-1/3 cups diced dried mixed fruit
- Line an 8-in. square pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, preserves, brown sugar and remaining butter; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in granola and mixed fruit; toss to coat. Press firmly into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until firm. Invert and remove waxed paper. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 208 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2019
Great tasting! The recipe is great as written. To change it up a bit I will take out the marshmallows for chocolate chips or peanuts.
Aug 13, 2015
These were galloped up in seconds!!
Feb 5, 2011
I used Kashi Go Lean Berry cereal - YUM!! They were a HUGE hit at the office, and I'm going to make some this weekend for the niece and nephew to send in a care package for starving college students! Follow the recipe exactly. It's perfect as-is!