Honey-Oat Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, peanuts, chocolate chips and sunflower kernels. Stir in butter, honey and vanilla until combined (mixture will be crumbly). Press into a greased parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack; cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Freeze option: Wrap each cooled bar in plastic; freeze until firm. To use, thaw bar at room temperature or, if desired, unwrap and place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jul 1, 2019
Great recipe. I used chopped pecans instead of peanuts and added cherry infused craisins. Yummy! Make sure you really incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry so everything is moist and stays together.
Mar 5, 2015
Anything with oats and honey in the recipe gets my attention, so I had to try these. Good job. Please fix the recipe, though. These two sentences don't make sense together: "Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack; cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from pan."
Apr 11, 2012
I made this with my daughter and am very happy with the finished product. She enjoyed helping me in the kitchen. I omitted the nuts and the sunflower kernels because I didn't have any on hand. It is a bit sweet for my taste, but my kids approve. I baked for 20 minutes and cooled in the freezer. I think next time I will experiment with less brown sugar and other ingredients, such as dried fruit. Overall, great recipe and I will be making it again.
Sep 1, 2011
Absolutely delicious. They came out perfectly!
Sep 23, 2009
When I tried these, they did not hold together. Maybe they did not cook long enough? It tasted good and made a good ice cream topping but I won't try them again.
Sep 10, 2009
I tried this, and thought it needed more cooking time, but I was wrong. Mine were dry and had nothing to do with the recipe. I will try it again and this time follow the directions to a tee.
Apr 17, 2009
These are another winner for my family - we love these granola bars!