Cinnamon-Raisin Granola Bars
I make these chewy bars with cinnamon, raisin and maple for quick breakfast and road trip. You can use chocolate chips instead of raisins. —Kristina Miedema, Houghton, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, maple syrup and vanilla; pour over oat mixture and mix well. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan; cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 160 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Homestyle Chewy Granola Bars in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine