Cinnamon-Raisin Granola Bars
I make these chewy bars with cinnamon, raisin and maple for quick breakfast and road trip. You can use chocolate chips instead of raisins. —Kristina Miedema, Houghton, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, maple syrup and vanilla; pour over oat mixture and mix well. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan; cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 160 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Homestyle Chewy Granola Bars in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.