Crunchy Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions with tops, diced
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine almonds, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, onions and bacon. Just before serving, add almond mixture and dressing; toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 211 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 26, 2012
After stirring the dressing together I add it to the pan that has the seeds,noodles and almonds in it. Love that warm dressing over this salad.
Oct 31, 2011
Love all the crunchy textures and flavors of this salad. We make it often.
Mar 21, 2011
Great salad with lots of flavor!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.