Crunchy Potato Salad
Dill and mustard pep up the tangy dressing that coats this combination of crunchy vegetables and tender potato chunks. We try to eat healthy, and recipes like this one fit right in with our goals. —Janis Plagerman of Lynden, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; place in a bowl. Add the celery, red pepper, carrot and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, pickle relish, mustard, salt, lemon-pepper and dill; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 143 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Crunchy Potato Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.