Crunchy Spinach Salad
A fresh salad is the perfect complement to any summer meal, like my grilled ribeye steaks. This salad, with its tangy dressing and crisp, crunchy ingredients, has become one of our very favorites. —Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 quarts fresh torn spinach
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, eggs, bacon and onion. In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake well to mix. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.
Originally published as Crunchy Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.