Crunchy Breakfast Cereal
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bow, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, pecans, wheat germ and cereal. In another bowl, mix oil, water, vanilla and salt. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Add raisins. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 423 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 29, 2012
This is absolutely delicious! Better than anything you can buy from a store. My kids and I couldn't stop eating it, even without milk. Will be making this regularly!
May 19, 2011
Why doesn't the recipe give the correct baking temperature!!! Is it Fahrenheit or Celsius? I used Celsius which was way too high, which means that I managed to burn my cereal!
Jan 21, 2010