Crunchy Breakfast Cereal
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bow, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, pecans, wheat germ and cereal. In another bowl, mix oil, water, vanilla and salt. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Add raisins. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 423 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 29, 2012
This is absolutely delicious! Better than anything you can buy from a store. My kids and I couldn't stop eating it, even without milk. Will be making this regularly!
May 19, 2011
Why doesn't the recipe give the correct baking temperature!!! Is it Fahrenheit or Celsius? I used Celsius which was way too high, which means that I managed to burn my cereal!
Jan 21, 2010