Fruity Cereal Bars
With dried apple and cranberries, these crispy cereal bars are perfect for snacks or brown-bag lunches. —Giovanna Kranenberg, Cambridge, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; cook and stir until blended. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Press into a 13x9-in. pan coated with cooking spray; cool completely. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 111 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Gianna's Fruit Filled Crispy Rice Bars in Light & Tasty August/September 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.