Crunchy French Toast
This light version of classic French toast is perfect for quick meals or Sunday brunches. My kids love it, and so do I! —Barbara Arnold, Spokane, Washington.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frosted cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and salt until blended. In another shallow bowl, toss cornflakes with oats and almonds.
- Heat a griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cereal mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 slices (calculated without syrup): 335 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Company french toast in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.