Jam ‘n’ Cream French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 thick slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup, optional
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Spread jam on the other slice; place jam side down over the cream cheese. In a shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip both sides of bread into egg.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; toast bread for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 slice: 376 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 8, 2018
This is really, really good. I made it for a breakfast for dinner night with sausage links.
Apr 1, 2013
I really enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have cinnamon raisin bread, so I just used regular sliced white bread. Still turned out great! It is breakfast and a dessert all rolled into one! I will definitely make again!
Mar 17, 2012
This is a delicious recipe! I made it with blackberry jam and used regular cinnamon bread--no raisins. My family loved it!
Jun 18, 2011
good,I did not have cinnamon raisin breadjust added cinnamon & raisins.probably would be better with c/r bread ,but tastythis way also
Mar 17, 2009
This is an awesome recipe. I serve it often when I have overnight guests and have received nothing but rave reviews!