Lance’s Own French Toast
“When my son, Lance, helps me make this French toast, he knows what order to add the ingredients and even how much to measure out. It’s great for the whole family!” —Janna Steele, Magee, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- Vanilla frosting, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, honey, cinnamon and pepper. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or frost with vanilla icing. Freeze option: Cool French toast on wire racks. Freeze between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat French toast in a toaster oven on medium setting. Or, microwave each French toast on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 218 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as Our French Toast Recipe in Taste of Home April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.