Croissant French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 3 eggs
- 4 croissants, split
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160°.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in ice cream and vanilla until ice cream is melted. Place plastic wrap over the surface of the sauce; cool.
- For berry sauce, combine raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip both sides of croissants in egg. On a griddle, brown croissants on both sides in butter. Serve with vanilla and berry sauces.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 1037 calories, 73g fat (43g saturated fat), 528mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2018
My husband and I loved this recipe. Preparation is easy and the rich moist French toast is heavenly. I too was a little confused with the cream sauce, but reading the recipe once more told me exactly what to do.. I am making this for Mother's day.
Sep 3, 2017
Wow! To die for.
Mar 30, 2016
Loved it although I had no idea what I was suppose to do with the white cream sauce at first. I decided place the toast in a little pool of the cream sauce and add the berries on top and the mixture with the berries and cream was like heaven.
Oct 6, 2014
One of the best breakfasts I have ever had!
Jul 28, 2012
I get lots of requests to make this for Mother's Day and Christmas Day brunch. It is a family favorite.
Aug 24, 2011
This is wonderful french toast. It looks so elegant, and is as tasty as it looks. Very impressive for a Sunday Brunch.
Apr 11, 2011
My whole family just loves these croissants. They're so yummy!
Dec 11, 2010
this recipe ivery rich and worthy of a special occasion brunch