Stuffed PB&J French Toast Kabobs
I turned peanut butter and jelly into French toast. Cut up and skewer these nifty sandwiches. You win the crown for creative parent of the year. Check out my blog, nibblesbynic.com, for more fun food ideas. —Nicole Meyer, Roslyn, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 8 slices challah or egg bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 fresh strawberries, halved
- Additional maple syrup and sliced fresh strawberries
- Spread jam over four slices of bread. Top with sliced strawberries; sprinkle with cinnamon. Spread peanut butter over remaining bread; place over top.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 3 tablespoon syrup and vanilla until blended. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, allowing each side to soak 10 seconds. Place sandwiches on griddle; toast 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer sandwiches to a cutting board; brush sandwiches with remaining syrup. Cut sandwiches into quarters. On four metal or wooden skewers, alternately thread French toast and halved strawberries. If desired, serve with additional syrup and strawberries.