PB&J French Toast
My grandpa made an awesome breakfast for us grandkids: French toast that started on the griddle as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.—Lindsey Folsom, Dorsey, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup grape jelly or jelly of your choice
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sliced fresh strawberries and chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar or maple syrup
- Spread peanut butter and jelly over four slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended.
- On a griddle, melt butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture. Place on griddle; toast 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. If desired, top with strawberries and peanuts. Dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 370 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as PB&J French Toast in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.