Peanut Butter and Jelly Doughnuts
A classic jelly doughnut gets a fun twist with peanut butter glaze. No one will be able to resist these fluffy peanut butter and jelly doughnuts that take you back to your childhood. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Cook: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup grape or strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 to 8 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add 1 cup flour; mix well. Let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolks, sugar and salt; mix well. Beat in butter and remaining flour. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 35 minutes.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry doughnuts, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes; cut a small slit with a sharp knife on one side of each doughnut. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry bag; insert a very small round tip. Fill bag with jelly. Fill each doughnut with about 1 teaspoon jelly.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth. Gradually be in enough whipping cream to reach desired glaze consistency. Dip doughnuts in frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 doughnut: 343 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.