Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- Additional oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil until blended. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry doughnuts for about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 10, 2011
These were delicious! I am definitely making them again soon!P.SI also rolled some in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Yummy!
Apr 16, 2010
Very easy to make, but whe cut our doughnuts a little thicker. More like a 1/2 inch. Very tasty!