Stuffed French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage patties
- 8 slices French bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Heat sausage patties according to package directions; cut into bite-size pieces. Cut a pocket in the crust of each slice of bread. Butter the inside of pocket. In a small bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Stuff into pockets.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 679 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1187mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2015
Quick and easy.
Apr 4, 2011
Ahh! I made this years ago and remember enjoying it. Glad i found it again! My hubby and daughter will enjoy this (haven't made it since before i was married--over 8 years ago)
Sep 13, 2010
Very good French Toast. I used regular Bob Evans sausage patties since I don't like the Brown & Serve kind. Would definitely make again.