Cornflake-Coated Baked French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1 cup syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- CINNAMON SYRUP:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk or 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and vanilla until blended. Place cornflake crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in cornflake crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in milk, butter and extract. Serve with French toast.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 3 tablespoons syrup: 419 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 26, 2015
This turned out dry. Not a keeper for my family. I wish it would have worked. Love the time saved by baking the French toast.
Nov 2, 2015
Wonderful French toast, and the delicious syrup was an added bonus!
Oct 25, 2015
My husband said this was the best french toast he has ever had...and he loves french toast! I thought the syrup was a bit on the sweet side and I liked it better with more cinnamon added.