Caramel Cereal Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 8 cups Corn Pops
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Immediately pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 306 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 17, 2012
Lip smackin' good. Great sweet / salty combo. Made as is, no changes.
Dec 29, 2011
I made this and took it to work for the Christmas party there and to wife's families house for Christmas Eve and everyone at both places loved it. Will definitely make this again.
Dec 19, 2010
Delicious! I used Crispix cereal and added pretzel sticks as well.
May 4, 2010
This was easy to make and my Husband loved it. It is good to have with around the Campfire. Will make it again.
Feb 4, 2010
Make this with Crispix cereal and it it fantastic. I also use mixed nuts or cashews instead of peanuts. I pour the gooey mixture over the cereal mixture and microwave in paper bag for like 2-3 min. then spread on waxed paper to cool. Delicious.
Feb 4, 2010
the only thing I changed was the nuts/used pecans/cashews- was a big hit/making a double batch for the Super Bowl party!
Dec 16, 2009
This recipe is so simple to make and tastes so good, my family absolutely loves it. We'll be keeping this recipe.
Dec 15, 2009
OMG!! This is a great sweet snack to share! Super easy to make!