Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with rhubarb. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch and water until smooth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring if desired. Pour over the rhubarb. Top with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 326 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 3, 2019
I read the other reviews and backed the sugars down to 3/4 C for each. I also used 4 heaping cups of rhubarb (probably 5 in all). That made it pretty tart, but I enjoy a tart fruit crisp. I also used all of the oatmeal mixture on the top only. Oh my, it was delicious!!
Jun 14, 2014
I made this with the 4 cups of rhubarb and three sliced apples. Loved it ;)
May 26, 2013
It's great served slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream.
May 25, 2013
Nice flavor, a lot of sugar and final product to too soupy.
May 25, 2013
Very delicious. When doubled it makes a full 13x9 pan. So good, we had no leftovers. Good rhubarb flavor and the topping was delicious. Served with strawberry swirl ice-cream for an additional berry flavor. Definitely a keeper!
May 15, 2013
This was very easy & very good. I will definitely make it again - soon!
May 29, 2011
Very Good! The family loved it. A little bit of sweet, tart & crunch in each serving. We're making it again tonight!
Jun 12, 2010
Great taste and really easy to make. Would definetly make again.
Jun 25, 2009
Mmmm, yummy, perfect amount of sweetness and a good crunchy crust and creamy rhubarb inside, will make again.