- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Set remaining crumb mixture aside for topping. Sprinkle rhubarb over crust; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; gradually whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
1 slice: 444 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.