Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine rhubarb, apples and strawberries; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rhubarb mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold, with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 227 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
May 12, 2020
Good rhubarb strawberry dessert. I added 1 c. more of strawberries and only 2 c. rhubarb because that's what I had on hand. Made with gluten free flour and steel cut oats.
May 9, 2020
The combination of rhubarb, apple and strawberry is delicious! Don't be afraid to use frozen strawberries if needed. The 'crumble' is pretty straight-forward, but our family loves crumble, so we usually double the amount. Works well with a rhubarb and blueberry combination as well.
Apr 15, 2020
I made this for Easter this year and I made it as recipe states, including the apples and strawberries. It is really delicious! I also liked using the quick oats, I liked how crispy the crumble came out. Will definitely be making this again!
Aug 21, 2019
Great recipe for use when you don't have the exact ingredients. Usually that is the variety of fruit. I always have rhubarb because I grow and freeze it every year. It's an amazing go to for cobb!ers, crisps and pies. You can combine it with any other fruit and it"s delishious. Today I used some frozen plums that needed to be used up. Made three crumbles to share with my neighbors. Can"t wait; I know it will be yummy!
Jul 5, 2016
Had extra cut rhubarb that I wanted to use and some apples that were soft that I knew no one would eat. THIS RECIPE PULLED THEM TOGETHER!! My family isn't crazy for desserts but this one kept them coming back for more. And it is nice to know I can make it with only rhubarb or add in the extra fruits if I want and still have a great dessert. I even had requests to take some home with my party goers. FANTASTIC! I also made mine in a 9x13 pan. Same everything but possibly a little more fruit (4 small apples & 4 cups rhubarb).
May 20, 2012
Made this for years. Gret just the way it is, but only use fresh fruit.
Jul 25, 2010
This was easy and very delicious. I didn't have any apples, so I left them out. I have made this a few times.I have also doubled it and put it in a 9x13 pan.
Jul 13, 2009
This recipe is simple and very delcious! The QB
May 29, 2008
Absolutely the BEST rhubarb dessert that my family ever ate.Thank you for the recipe.