Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add blueberries and rhubarb; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix baking mix, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in oats and almonds. Sprinkle over filling. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
May 17, 2019
Superb as written - except I used measure-for-measure GF flour for the crumble. A new favorite!
Jul 26, 2017
Very Good. I thawed 4 cups of rhubarb and used 3 cups blueberries. Took 70 minutes at 375.
Jul 17, 2017
I have made this many time. It's wonderful! I do I increase the rhubarb and berrys.
Mar 29, 2017
very good! used all frozen fruit - added a few frozen pineapple to the mix. Loved the topping!
Sep 17, 2016
This was a great recipe. I doubled everything and put in a 13 x 9 pan for bible study. I used frozen rhubarb and frozen blueberries. I let the rhubarb thaw and drain. just like the recipe says. The blueberries I put in the microwave on defrost for about 5 minutes. Everyone loved it.
May 25, 2016
This recipe was super easy to make. The blueberries popped in your mouth and the almonds gave it great texture. It wasn't too sweet and tasted great. I will definitely make this again!
Jul 16, 2015
This is a fantastic tasty dish. I made it for friends and they raved over it and the cook among them asked for the recipe. Nobody guessed it had rhubarb in it. I used pecans instead of almonds.
May 12, 2015
Excellent dessert. I served it to company and they didn't know there was rhubarb in it.
May 8, 2015
Very Delicious, and love the fruits..... very easy to put together! Everyone loved it . Definitely a keeper for my recipes !!
Apr 18, 2015
Delicious and easy to throw together