Pineapple Lime Pie
This pie is easy to make and good for any occasion. My husband served in the military for many years and, as we traveled, I served this pie many times.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked or 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Shaved semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice and pineapple. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Chill for at least 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 415 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Lime Pie in Country Extra March 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.