Pineapple Coconut Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coconut and pineapple. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 198 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Mar 2, 2017
I made this pie today and made a few changes. The filling is thick and did not seem to be enough to fill the pie shell. I used a graham cracker shell. I decided to just go ahead and fold in all the whipped topping from an 8 oz. tub and it was perfect. I did use a sugar free pudding mix. Not only delicious but pretty, too. Hubby loved it.
Apr 19, 2015
great for a quick easy dessert...enjoyed by everyone!
Dec 19, 2010
Very misleading on the consistency of this mixture. There was no pouring it was so thick I had to spoon into the crust. Not what I had thought it would be. To thick.
Jul 26, 2010
Simple to put together, but a little bland.
May 1, 2009
Noy exactly low in sugar & carbs. I'm a type-1 diabetic, and must count carbs. Could make this better with hoods Low Calorie Countdown milk(low carbs) or fat free half & half, as well as diet pudding mix. Sometimes I just go "crustless" as well.
Mar 11, 2009
Will be making this easy and delicous pie often. It will be a favorite in my house.Lucy Ontario, Canada
Nov 7, 2008
Made this pie and it is wonderful! I'm going to make it for Thanksgiving too.
Oct 12, 2008
This sounds wonderful...will have to make it soon!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.