Creamy Coconut Peppermint Pie
Garnished with toasted coconut and more peppermint candy, this creamy dessert welcomes the holidays! Look for premade shortbread crusts in the baking aisle of the grocery store. —Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2-1/2 cups peppermint ice cream, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 shortbread crust (9 inches)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over coconut milk; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. Stir for until gelatin is completely dissolved, 1 minute.
- Stir ice cream, 2 tablespoons crushed candies and extract into gelatin mixture; fold in 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, top with remaining crushed candies.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Coconut Peppermint Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019