Creamy Coconut Peppermint Pie
Garnished with toasted coconut and more peppermint candy, this creamy dessert welcomes the holidays! Look for premade shortbread crusts in the baking aisle of the grocery store. —Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2-1/2 cups peppermint ice cream, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 shortbread crust (9 inches)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over coconut milk; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. Stir for until gelatin is completely dissolved, 1 minute.
- Stir ice cream, 2 tablespoons crushed candies and extract into gelatin mixture; fold in 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, top with remaining crushed candies.