Layered Candy Cane Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 7 regular size), divided
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter; pulse just until combined. Press onto bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 1/2 cup crushed candies. Spread over crust.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk 2 minutes; spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining candies just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 251 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 22, 2019
The chocolate pudding with this was too rich for some people. I couldn’t find white chocolate pudding at the grocery store, so a friend suggested I use vanilla pudding with white chocolate chips. Can’t wait to make it!
Dec 2, 2019
I got lots of rave reviews when I made this dessert for a potluck last week. I added 1tsp of peppermint extract to the cream cheese layer to bring out the mint flavour. As well, I used low-fat versions of some of the ingredients to make it even lighter in calories. Definitely a dessert to make again.
Dec 2, 2019
Cake tasted excellent. I made the mistake of putting on the crushed candy cane top a day before I was serving, so the color spread over the top and didn't look as neat. Everyone loved it! I will make again for a large gathering!