Layered Candy Cane Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 7 regular size), divided
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter; pulse just until combined. Press onto bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 1/2 cup crushed candies. Spread over crust.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk 2 minutes; spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining candies just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 251 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 2, 2019
I got lots of rave reviews when I made this dessert for a potluck last week. I added 1tsp of peppermint extract to the cream cheese layer to bring out the mint flavour. As well, I used low-fat versions of some of the ingredients to make it even lighter in calories. Definitely a dessert to make again.
Dec 2, 2019
Cake tasted excellent. I made the mistake of putting on the crushed candy cane top a day before I was serving, so the color spread over the top and didn't look as neat. Everyone loved it! I will make again for a large gathering!