Whipped Chocolate Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 553 calories, 30g fat (19g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 7, 2018
I made this as per directions...couldn't get it out of the pan!!! I would suggest making a cookie crust or a graham cracker crust as the cake mix gets hard as a rock!
Mar 28, 2016
This dish was an immediate hit. It's so rich and chocolatey that it's pure heaven for my family of chocoholics. It was easy to make and there is never much left.
Nov 23, 2013
I have made it for a few potlucks... the last one it never made it to the general public.
May 25, 2013
Very easy to make. Everyone who has tried it loves it! So tasty.
Apr 2, 2012
We renamed this as "heaven". It is so delicious. I make it frequently. When I made it for my husband's office, he got so many requests for the recipe! They LOVED it too.
Jan 12, 2012
This is a wonderful summer desert
Sep 28, 2011
I've made this many times & always get rave reviews. I think it tastes like an Oreo cookie, but so wonderfully creamy.
Apr 25, 2011
Made this for Easter this year... Very good, everyone loved it!Made it with unsalted butter.... tasted great!!
Apr 17, 2011
Did you use salted butter, that would make a huge difference
Apr 3, 2011
The crust that was made with cake it wassalty. My family didn't care for. Not forsure why it was salty. Any ideal?