Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Here's a dessert you'll have a hard time resisting until the end of the meal. It's every bit as yummy as it looks. One taste and you'll be smiling like a kid in a candy store—no matter what age you are!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla or chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cartons (16 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 to 7 (2.07 ounces each) Snickers candy bars, chopped, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a small saucepan, heat the fudge topping over low heat until warmed; pour evenly over crust. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and whipped topping for 2-3 minutes or until stiff, scraping sides of bowl often. Stir in three-fourths of the candy bar pieces. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining candy bar pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 316 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Candy Bar Dessert in Country Woman July/August 2001