Creamy Chocolate Dream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and additional pecans if desired. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 271 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2016
A friend brought this to a potluck and everyone swooned over it. I made sure to get the recipe for my chocolate loving family. It's very rich so cut the pieces small.
Jul 6, 2014
Wonderful recipe, and just enough that you don't get tired of it. I used the suggestion of butterscotch pudding (cooked kind,) and it was delicious.
Feb 4, 2014
Chocolate is my absolute favorite, but I actually like this one better with butterscotch pudding.
Feb 4, 2014
Have yet to make this one but we call it "Chocolate Delight" here. Looks delicious!
Feb 4, 2014
This is fantabulous! And so easy to make. Definitely a keeper.
Jan 30, 2012
Very good and very easy!
Jul 26, 2011
Another name for this is "taste of heaven". It is just right on a hot day with good flavors.
Dec 14, 2010
I made this dessert for Thanksgiving. My husband does not really care for sweets. But, this dessert was so appealing to him, he ate most of it! I am making it again for our in-law Holiday meal and my empolyee holiday lunch. I am sure it will be the "hit" of both.
Nov 5, 2010
I've never tried this dessert with chocolate pudding, but my mom has always made it with pistaciao pudding. Can't wait to try chocolate!!
Apr 13, 2010
Very easy, fast. taste great.would definitely make again