Creamy Gelatin Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water. Remove from the heat; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Stir in bananas. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple and cold water to gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; chill until set. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in reserved pineapple juice. Add butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature, about 35-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the cream until firm peaks form; fold into pineapple juice mixture. Spread over gelatin mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 186 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 14, 2011
I've made this several times, always a hit!
Jan 24, 2011
I made this for a club meeting last week,using SF Jello & whipped topping & they loved it. Brought rest to work the next day & got additional raves.
Jan 19, 2011
Made it for 1st time for garden club mtg - used SF Jello, Splendah & Whipped Topping. Brought leftovers to work -- all loved it. Would use less cold water next time.
May 7, 2009
Can you use sugar free Jell-0 in this recipe? My husband is diabetic and I need to reduce the sugar.glassman
Apr 7, 2009
My mom made this recipe every Easter, and once I moved out, I started to make it for my family and friends. I love it.