Creamy Gelatin Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water. Remove from the heat; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Stir in bananas. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple and cold water to gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; chill until set. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in reserved pineapple juice. Add butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature, about 35-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the cream until firm peaks form; fold into pineapple juice mixture. Spread over gelatin mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 186 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 14, 2011
I've made this several times, always a hit!
Jan 24, 2011
I made this for a club meeting last week,using SF Jello & whipped topping & they loved it. Brought rest to work the next day & got additional raves.
Jan 19, 2011
Made it for 1st time for garden club mtg - used SF Jello, Splendah & Whipped Topping. Brought leftovers to work -- all loved it. Would use less cold water next time.
May 7, 2009
Can you use sugar free Jell-0 in this recipe? My husband is diabetic and I need to reduce the sugar.glassman
Apr 7, 2009
My mom made this recipe every Easter, and once I moved out, I started to make it for my family and friends. I love it.