Creamy Orange Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, optional
- Add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in ice cream and orange juice until blended. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with orange slices.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
May 16, 2015
This has such a light summery taste, and it's so easy. It's earned a permanent spot in my recipe box.
Apr 22, 2014
Delicious and refreshing! I added about 1 cup pastel mini-marshmallows with the oranges.
Apr 8, 2014
This was really good, a big hit with my picky son.
Jan 4, 2012
Made this for Christmas dinner and everyone likes it. Tastes like a creamy orange jello. Easy to make!!!
Apr 23, 2011
This is a fabulous recipe. I am asked to make it for many get togethers. It is GREAT!
Jun 1, 2009
I have used a recipe similar to this one for many years with good results. I have used the vanilla ice cream but haven't tried it with orange juice. I have replaced the vanilla i.c. with orange sherbet --very tasty.
Jul 5, 2008
Why are some of your recipes for TOH and CW subscribers only and some not? Do the recipes originate from these magazines?