Creamy Orange Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, optional
- Add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in ice cream and orange juice until blended. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with orange slices.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
May 16, 2015
This has such a light summery taste, and it's so easy. It's earned a permanent spot in my recipe box.
Apr 22, 2014
Delicious and refreshing! I added about 1 cup pastel mini-marshmallows with the oranges.
Apr 8, 2014
This was really good, a big hit with my picky son.
Jan 4, 2012
Made this for Christmas dinner and everyone likes it. Tastes like a creamy orange jello. Easy to make!!!
Apr 23, 2011
This is a fabulous recipe. I am asked to make it for many get togethers. It is GREAT!
Jun 1, 2009
I have used a recipe similar to this one for many years with good results. I have used the vanilla ice cream but haven't tried it with orange juice. I have replaced the vanilla i.c. with orange sherbet --very tasty.
Jul 5, 2008
Why are some of your recipes for TOH and CW subscribers only and some not? Do the recipes originate from these magazines?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.