Strawberry Gelatin Dessert
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; let stand for 20 minutes. In another bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain berries, reserving the juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Stir berries and juice mixture into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping, then gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 243 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Nov 30, 2014
I love this dessert, first got the recipe from my mother. Sometimes I add cream cheese.
Apr 11, 2012
Waaaaay too many carbohydrates. I never use real sugar in any recipe--or marshmallows. IMO, this is not diabetic.
Jul 20, 2011
Yummy!!! Everyone loved this dessert. It is light and full of flavor. This is easy to make. We will have this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.