Strawberry Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Arrange spinach and strawberries on individual salad plates or in a large salad bowl. Place the next six ingredients in a blender or food processor. With unit running, add oil and vinegar in a steady stream. Blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 19, 2019
Love this salad! It has a light but flavorful dressing and is easy to prepare.
Dec 27, 2017
Awesome salad! I was worried about the amount of seeds included in the dressing but it turned out ok.
Dec 16, 2014
I loved this! I added a little water and a strawberry to the dressing blend.
Nov 26, 2014
Good lite side..
May 2, 2013
Excellent flavor easy to make. This is a "keeper"!
Mar 30, 2013
I served this for a brunch, and everyone loved the dressing. In fact, my mother-in-law just called and wants me to make and bring it along for her Easter dinner
Apr 16, 2011
I LOVE this recipe!! It is so yummy! I even love the dressing so much that I'll make it (at my husband's request) for other salads as well. I have looked for this for years - thank you so much! I'll make this again and again!
Jan 4, 2011
My favorite salad on the planet!
May 19, 2009
Going to try it. Hoping it is the same one They served at My Daughters Wedding. Been looking for that one. Even if it isn't. It sure sounds nummy. Thank You for Sharing,,,Patti PFrom Idaho