Strawberry Salad Dressing
A bit of honey perfectly balances puckery raspberry vinegar with sweet strawberries in this homemade dressing. Drizzle it over mixed greens of your choice and enjoy! —Rebekah Hubbard of Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Torn mixed salad greens and sliced onion
- In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Serve over greens and onion. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 17 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty April/May 2002
May 6, 2010
I put this on a spinach salad with cucumbers, apples and sunflower seeds, and it came out delicious. The dressing was a perfect blend of sweet and tangy and it was perfect for a springtime meal.