Strawberry Mango Salad
I combined some different ideas from several recipes to come up with the ingredients for this salad. In deference to a dear friend's craving, the recipe had to include balsamic vinegar in the dressing. It was a satisfying hit.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a serving bowl, combine the salad greens, mango, strawberries and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 323 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Susan's Spectrum Salad in Reminisce June/July 2009