Peach Mango Caprese Salad
Summer in the Midwest offers a bounty of fresh produce. I wanted to come up with something new from the harvest, and this bright, flavorful salad is the refreshing end result. —Richard A Robinson, Park Forest, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6 servings
- 2 medium peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. For dressing, place vinegar, basil, honey, salt and pepper in blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over peach mixture; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Peach Caprese in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.