Spiced Peach Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and water. Tie cloves and cinnamon in a cheesecloth bag; place in the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard spice bag. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Drain peaches, reserving syrup; set peaches aside. Add water to syrup to equal 2 cups. Add to gelatin mixture; stir well.
- Chill until slightly thickened. Thinly slice peaches; add to gelatin. Pour into a 2-qt. glass bowl; chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2014
What a wonderful recipe, giving the "must have" holiday gelatin dessert a sophisticated flavor, but not so much that kids won't enjoy it as well. We will be repeating this soon!
Jun 2, 2013
On an easier note, use sliced canned peaches. If using fresh, the gelatin will not set. Just a helping note...
Jun 2, 2013
Am making this today ~ with just a tad of changes. Using orange jello AND mandarin oranges. Sounds good, huh! I use ground cinnamon, cloves for the whole. Will report back in couple days how it turned out. As with all TOH recipes, am sure that'll be a winner, too!!
May 17, 2013
This is truly an awesome salad. Very enjoyable to make, even better to eat. Am considering **doubling** recipe and take to a family picnic this summer.
Nov 10, 2012
Made it several times for friends and for church groups. It is a hit no matter the setting.
Jan 10, 2012
Turn this recipe into dessert by topping with whipped cream.
Mar 29, 2011
I liked this salad. It's yummy tasting, pretty, and I thought easy to make. I used peach gelatin. Thank you for the Editor's Note - it helped.