Tossed Salad with Peaches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Slice three peaches; set aside. Cut the remaining peach in half; place in a blender. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegars and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, romaine, onion and cucumber. Pour about 2/3 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter; top with sliced peaches and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 127 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2012
This was delish. I loved the bacon in it. I added candied pecans and a bit or Gorgonzola it went perfect with grilled pork chops.
Aug 2, 2011
I did not think I would like the dressing as it was a vinegar and oil with a blended peaches added. It reminded me of a salad you would order in a restaurant and pay 10.00 or more for. I did not have bacon so I did not put that in. It was a great salad. So for those who like peaches Enjoy