Strawberry-Avocado Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 20 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, honey, vinegar, lemon juice and salt.
- Divide romaine among 4 salad plates. Top each with avocado and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pecans.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 384 calories, 29g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 8g fiber), 3g protein.
May 4, 2019
I love the dressing. So light and refreshing. Next time, I will add some feta cheese. IMHO, that addition will really set this salad off.
Apr 9, 2019
This is a yummy, refreshing spring salad. The dressing is especially tasty. Will use this recipe again and again.
Mar 28, 2019
I really havea question. Is it just me, or does it look like there is some type of cheese on the top? Blue cheese, feta, goat cheese. Looks delicious though.