Special Strawberry Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 9 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Place dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2018
Been making this salad since it was first published. Love it!
Jul 24, 2017
Excellent! I shared it at a club meeting and I have to share the recipe at the next meeting! It was a hit!
May 14, 2014
This salad recipe is a keeper! The dressing is wonderful? I will try it again soon as a main dish salad and add some grilled chicken breasts.
Mar 2, 2013
This is amazing. The dressing is so good. Sometimes I add banannas, or you can even add grilled chicken strips to make it a meal.
Jan 14, 2012
I made this for our daughters wedding in 2010. Delicious!!
Aug 7, 2011
I use baby spinach in this recipe. It is light tasting, and great with the baby spinach. I even use a little less sugar and it's still tasty.
Jun 12, 2010
First made this from the magazine & it's still my favourite company green salad. Dressing is wonderful!
Oct 9, 2009
dressing is awsome and is great with toasted sesame seeds too
Jul 2, 2009
My family laughs about all the "Special" recipes Taste of Home has---but this one really IS special!
Mar 22, 2009
Definitely delicious. I never would have thought to put sesame seeds in the salad, but what a great addition. Yummy!