Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- In a large skillet, cook and stir almonds and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved and almonds are coated. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 66 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 1, 2014
This is a delicious salad. I added fresh Jersey blueberries, but everything else was the same. My husband liked it too.
Jul 19, 2012
This is one of my favorite salads. Dressing is wonderful. I use red onion rings instead of green onion. I brown the almonds without sugar.
May 5, 2012
This salad was delicious! I served it at a family pot luck and my sister asked if she could lick the bowl. It was that good! This will be a regular in my springtime menus!
May 16, 2011
I substituted apple cider vinegar for the raspberry vinegar in the dressing and it was delicious. Even my 2 and 5-year old boys liked this salad. We loved the sugared almonds.
Aug 5, 2010
This salad always gets raves from guests!
May 21, 2010
My sixteen year old son said it was the best salad he has ever eaten....the whole family loved it. It compliments any dish or all by itself. Wonderful recipe.
Mar 7, 2009
This salad tastes good, but I recommend adding more strawberries and maybe a bit more dressing.
Sep 1, 2008
This is a refreshing salad with a wonderful dressing. I used regular worcestershire instead of gluten free. I served it at my daughter's graduation party and it was a hit!