Avocado Mandarin Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, onions, pecans and pepper; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Just before serving, place the greens in a large salad bowl; top with orange mixture and avocado slices. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 130 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2018
Not the same old lettuce and tomato mixture, that's for sure! Wonderful collection of textures and flavors. You could serve this with any main course. I made it for my family but company would certainly be impressed.
Apr 15, 2015
Delicious! I am not normally a huge fan of salads. This is one of my new favorite dishes. I've tried it with walnuts and pecans- both are very tasty.
Dec 30, 2010
I served this salad to a friend who had never tasted avacado before. She loved it and (true test of honesty in a compliment) asked for the recipe! Kudos - it's quick & easy, too!!
Oct 28, 2009
Great with Pork.