Mandarin Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss greens, oranges, onions and sunflower kernels. In a measuring cup, combine the dressing ingredients. Add water to measure 1 cup. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 140 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
May 23, 2013
My husband requests this every time we grill out! It's his favoriteM
Mar 4, 2011
When draining the oranges, save the juice to add to the dressing instead of the water. I will add less liquid next time because the dressing was a little runny.
Jan 12, 2010
Light and refreshing. Very good!