Orange-Cranberry Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep: 1 hour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- For candied cranberries, place cranberries in a baking pan; sprinkle with sugar. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Place in a single layer on a greased aluminum foil; cool for at least 30 minutes.
- For salad dressing, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Just before serving, toss the lettuce, oranges and dressing in a large bowl. Sprinkle with candied cranberries.
Dec 20, 2012
This is really a fresh salad and a must when cranberries are in season. It's simple, light and and can be assembled the night before. Just toss the dressing before the guests arrive!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.