Orange-Pistachio Quinoa Salad
Add this fresh and healthy salad to your holiday spread. Its citrus and nutty taste is simply delicious. —Jean Greenfield, San Anselmo, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium navel orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-14 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, beans, mandarin oranges, cucumber, pistachios, onion and cooled quinoa. In a small bowl, finely grate peel from orange. Cut orange crosswise in half; squeeze juice from orange and add to peel. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Originally published as Orange Pistachio Quinoa Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.