Fruit ‘N’ Nut Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 head romaine, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, gently toss the romaine, oranges, grapes and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 19, 2011
We love this salad and I have prepared it countless times. It has a nice light fruity flavor. I especially like to serve it with Mexican food because it goes so nicely with spicy flavors.