Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place beets on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24x12-in.); drizzle with oil. Fold foil around beets, sealing tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Roast 55-65 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice beets. Divide salad greens, beets and oranges among six salad plates. Sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients; serve with salads.