Orange and Beet Salad
This jewel-colored orange and beet salad is one where I just kept adding touches until I got it just the way I want it. —Jessie Apfe, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 4 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place beets on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24x12-in.); drizzle with oil. Fold foil around beets, sealing tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Roast 55-65 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice beets. Divide salad greens, beets and oranges among six salad plates. Sprinkle with cheese. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients; serve with salads.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.